Monthly Archives: March 2016
Tossing a shock shower doesn’t need to be troublesome. Truth be told, it can be a good time for all included. All it takes is a little persistence, a couple of fundamental strides, and the collaboration of loved ones.
A surprise shower does involve some secrets, so remember to be stealthy. But you will want to make sure that the mom-to-be will be up for a surprise. Early on in her pregnancy, try to ascertain if she is up for a surprise shower or if she would rather know in advance. This could eliminate surprising mom-to-be when she is not feeling up to it. (If mom-to-be knows she has a surprise shower coming up, she will be more likely to be dressed appropriately when the time comes.)
Once you have determined whether the shower will be a surprise or not, make sure that mom-to-be has registered for baby gifts. Even if you are having a non-surprise shower, it is never appropriate to ask the mom-to-be what she wants for the baby. Let the registry do the talking so guests can feel free to choose gifts within their own individual budgets.
You will need to enlist the help of those closest to mom-to-be, particularly the dad-to-be. He will be able to help determine a date and time for the surprise shower. As well as help to get her there with the least amount of suspicion. He can also make sure she doesn’t head out in a baseball cap and no makeup.
Perhaps thinking she is just coming over for coffee! Close family will need to help with the preparation of a guest list. Since you won’t be able to ask mom-to-be directly. You will have to rely on her mother or mother-in-law and maybe a sister to get this information. Be careful when sending the surprise shower invitations. You will need to mention that this is a surprise shower! You don’t want anyone accidentally spilling the beans!
You can keep in the theme of surprising mom-to-be by going the extra mile. By ensuring that an unexpected baby shower guest is able to make it. Ask close friends of this baby shower guest to help with the cost of travel. If this is necessary as part of mom-to-be’s gift. She will probably love that more than a baby shower gift!
You can also play baby shower games with surprise themes. Try playing the “diaper surprise” game by passing out diapers to all of the guests. With one of them having a “mess” inside (you can use chocolate or bean dip, or use your imagination). The one who gets the messy diaper wins a prize.
Or if mom-to-be is expecting a boy, you can play “pin the diaper on baby”. Just before your blind-folded guest of honor goes to place the diaper on the baby. Squirt her with a water pistol to simulate the “surprise” often associated with changing a baby boy’s diaper!
Sometimes, no matter how hard you work to keep the baby shower a surprise. Your mom-to-be may find out about it. Don’t let this get you down, though. There will be some elements of surprise for her. Whether she is expecting the baby shower or not.
It might be unexpected guests, party favors, or an exotic cake. There will be plenty there that she didn’t count on!
A long separation child shower is an incredible thought when the mother to-be lives far away and can’t go to. All the time, dear companions and dearest ones need to migrate, making party association and getting to know one another troublesome.
The gathering is more abnormal than the conventional one. Still, innovations can be utilized to set up associations and visitors will have some good times.
Being the hostess of a long distance party signifies considering certain aspects of the event in advance. You will have to get organized and you will have to do some coordination across a long distance but you are certain to enjoy the process.
Should You Hold a Long Distance Baby Shower?
A long distance party needs to be held, whenever the mom-to-be is separated from her dearest friends or is unable to currently travel.
Even if she lives far away, the mom-to-be will need specific products and items. Friends can get those and attend a party dedicated to the new mom and her child. A baby shower is the symbol of respect, love and friendship.
Organizing a long distance event can be more demanding. You need to have some patience and you will certainly organize a great party that will make the mom-to-be happy.
Invitations for a long distance baby shower are no different than the traditional ones. The aim of the invite is to provide guests with essential information and to mention what the party theme is going to be.
Your invitations should mention the fact that the mom-to-be will be unable to attend. If you forget making a note about it, you will be misleading guests and you will get many people disappointed.
The invitation should also contain some guidelines and directions about the most appropriate types of gifts. Think carefully about this aspect, since shipping large items could be expensive and complex.
Internet has given you new and wonderful ways to communicate with people from other countries and continents. Harness its potential and give the mom-to-be a chance to ‘attend’ her baby-shower.
Messaging programs have a video chat option that will be the best tool you can use. Get the mom-to-be sitting in front of her computer and provide guests of the party with a chance to talk to her and to wish her all the best.
Activities and Questions
Internet can be used to give guests a chance to have fun together with the mom-to-be. Games and quizzes are to diversify the agenda and help everyone break the ice.
One of the best activities for a long distance event is a trivia quiz. Ask some questions about the mom-to-be and get her to confirm the right answers. She could even be the person asking the questions.
Make sure that you have enough information, especially if you are incapable of establishing a web connection. Know how the mom-to-be feels and all the details about her pregnancy. People will be asking you questions. Make sure you know the answers.
Once the party is over, you will be shipping the gifts. This is the final part of a long distance baby shower.
Pack everything and make sure that all of the items are secured and labeled. Each present needs to have a card, mentioning who the gift-giver is.
Before you hold the party, consult a transportation of goods company concerning prices and delivery deadlines. You should be paying for shipping so that the mom-to-be is left with the wonderful task of getting her presents and unwrapping them.
Do you shaft with fervor when you consider facilitating an infant shower for an eager companion or relative yet then flinch at the thought about all the gathering arranging subtle elements that are included? Not everybody feels they are a characteristic entertainer with regards to arranging a child shower party; in any case, on the off chance that you set up these essential segments together, you won’t come up short and the mother to-be will make sure to welcome every one of your endeavors!
There is no set way to throw a baby shower. With that in mind, if you account for these key components you will, without a doubt, have thrown a successful baby shower.
1) Location — This isn’t something to sweat about. Ask yourself what resources you have at your disposal. Do you belong to a local church? Are you a member of any organizations that have banquet rooms available to rent? Or, just consider hosting the party at your house or even the mom-to-be’s house. Keep the distance within reason if you’re not hosting the shower in the home so the expectant mother doesn’t have to travel very far. Don’t be afraid to ask the expectant mother how she would feel about having the shower in her home (if it’s not a surprise shower, that is).
2) Decorations — Most every type of party includes decorations, whether general and colorful or tailored towards a specific theme. If the parents-to-be have chosen not to find out the gender of the baby then your shower decorations will most likely use varied pastels without sticking to mainly pink or blue as with known gender showers. Many stores and sites sell baby shower decorations so you’ll never be at a loss as to how to transform your location into a decorated baby haven; however, every good baby shower deserves a great centerpiece for the main food or gift table and a baby diaper cake will make a great conversation piece and will serve as a gift for the expectant mom when the shower is over.
3) Food — Ah, the food. Again, this is not something to sweat about. If you’re hosting the shower, I can only assume that you know the expectant mom well enough to know what some of her likes and dislikes are when it comes to food. You can go as simple as finger foods or as lavish as a hot meal. Keep in mind what would work best with the length of time you plan on having the shower. And of course, don’t forget the baby shower cake! Whether you make a cake yourself or order one through a local bakery, every baby shower wouldn’t be complete without a cake.
4) Games — It seems to be a long standing tradition to play fun and silly games at a baby shower. There are a multitude of game ideas out there to choose from and some may fit your theme if your shower is centered around one. Keep the number of games limited for time sake and encourage everyone to participate, even the expectant mom. By the time you are done playing games, everyone will be in such a great mood, that the last component will help with winding down the baby shower before everyone goes home.
5) Gifts — Probably the most important component and main reason people throw a baby shower is to give the expectant mom gifts for the baby and even to her. Shopping for a unique and creative baby gift to give at a baby shower can be stressful for some people. Depending on how many baby showers you’ve attended before, you may have seen many people give a lot of similar gifts and you want to get a little more creative. Most moms-to-be will have created a baby registry at a local store or two so you can always check out her wish list and try to put a unique spin on some of the things she will need or would like to have for the baby. A great way to do this is with a new baby gift basket that showcases practical and fun items that mom and baby can use together. I assure you that this type of newborn gift will be a hit at a baby shower.
It is safe to say that you are arranging an infant shower for your eco-accommodating green Mama to be? Here are a few tips to guide you in giving her a fun and significant day that will abandon her with upbeat recollections and have insignificant effect on mother Earth.
Invite Right – Use electronic invites instead of sending out traditional invitation cards, and encourage people to RSVP via email. This will help minimize paper waste.
Encourage Minimal Packaging – Encourage the guests you invite to use reusable packaging, such as gift bags (remind them not to write on the bag itself but to put their names on the removable card) or cloth wrapping. Give a door prize for most creative eco-friendly packaging. Craftsy moms could even wrap the gift inside itself, for example a baby blanket could be folded attractively to hold an outfit. Look in books on Japanese wrapping for inspiration.
Carpool Prize – Offer the moms who carpool to the baby shower location an extra door prize to encourage them to do so. If you live in an area where bicycling is common, do the same for Moms who bike or walk to the party.
Responsible Registry – Thankfully, there are many online baby boutiques that offer a gift registry. Encourage your guest of honor to choose one or more so that she can pick all the organic baby clothing, toys and cloth diapers she wants. Then let guests know on the invitations that they can save gas and time by ordering just what the new mom’s heart desires – over the internet.
Go Organic – Be sure to serve locally grown organic food. Fruit is always a winner for any baby shower because it goes down easy for a pregnant belly.
Swap Meet Themed Shower – With the permission of the Mother-to-be, why not encourage guests to bring kid hand me downs that are still in great shape to the shower? They could give these to the new Mom – new babies typically don’t wear out their clothing and equipment, but outgrow it. Or, they could exchange the gear amongst themselves. You can keep baby stuff out of the landfill by hosting a mini swap meet.
Ditch Disposable – Instead of using disposable paper plates and plastic cutlery, purchase inexpensive melamine plates and encourage the guests to take them home as a door prize. That way you won’t have to wash any dishes! You can also use attractive heirloom dishes that don’t match for a kitschy look. Or, hold the shower in a restaurant (one that uses real plates and cloth napkins) and let them do all the dishwashing.
Creative Gifting – Sometimes, the best gift for a new Mom is the gift of time. How many cute outfits does one newborn need? Not many. But giving Mom a freezer full of healthy meals (in reusable freezer containers, of course) is worth a million dollars. A new Mom needs to eat healthfully, yet she also needs to relax and enjoy her new baby. How about having a Casserole Shower instead of a traditional one? Encourage guests to cook a healthy casserole or other easy meal in a container that they don’t mind Mom keeping (or tell them to put their name on the dish to pick up later).
Shower guests can also give the new Mom a gift certificate good for a week’s (or a month’s!) worth of maid service, or cloth diaper service. Another idea is tickets that are redeemable for child care for the older child, or a load of laundry or other household chore, etc. And what about, in lieu of gifts, guests donate to a savings account that the Mother has set up for her new arrival? This might be especially thoughtful for a Mom who already has children and plenty of baby stuff but less cash.
With a little forethought, you can give Mom a fun day and set a good example of environmental stewardship.