Approaches to Have a Healthy Baby
The happening to another child and the fundamental arrangements to be done is a standout amongst the most breathtaking choices in a couples’ lifetime. Savvy guardians who are thinking about their own future and their families ought not be fulfilled by simply an issue of having an infant however planning for a sound child. How might this be accomplished?
1. Couples should pay attention to their health before conception. Caring for healthy conception should start three to six months before birth.
2. Practice good nutrition. Even before conception, couples should begin to eat healthy foods, not only for their own health, but for the success of good conception and for their future health. Eat plenty of fruits, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, milk, orange juice and fish. These foods contain essential vitamins and minerals to help the mother obtain a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Improve eating habits like eating three full meals a day, and cook foods by steaming or boiling instead of frying. Caffeine intake from coffee and other beverages should be reduced if not eliminated as this will pose certain risks to the developing fetus.
3. Start taking vitamin supplements especially folic acid. Folic acid is needed together with prenatal vitamins to improve the health of the woman and so with the baby.
4. Attain and maintain your normal weight. If you are over weight there may be chances of getting pregnancy complications like eclampsia or pre-eclampsia which will make the woman have a difficult time conceiving. Besides, it is not advisable to lose weight during the time of pregnancy.
5. Birth control should never be practiced before pregnancy. Stop taking birth control pills at least two months before you want to conceive. You need to get the pills out of your system before conceiving.
6. Stop the habits of doing unhealthy social practices to conceive a healthy baby. There are many social habits that are hazardous for the health of a baby during the period of pregnancy. These habits must be eliminated before pregnancy to improve the chances of conceiving a healthy baby. Smoking of cigarettes, drinking too much alcohol and taking illegal drugs can adversely affect the health of the pregnant woman as well as the health of the baby.
7. Identify prescription drugs that are taken during pregnancy. Some women who take prescribed drug medications to lower cholesterol and high blood pressure should stop taking it since these drugs may have adverse reactions on health of the baby. Inform your doctor of all medications as soon as you start planning to get pregnant.
Preparing for a healthy baby lets you and your spouse be in great shape to be able to plan and practice the best methods for conception.